Descriptif du stage
This internship is for a student who is studying hospitality/tourism.
- Process all guest check-ins, check-outs, room assignments, and room change/late check-out requests.
- Secure payment; activate/reissue room keys.
- Ensure rates match market codes, document exceptions.
- Verify/adjust billing for guests.
- Communicate to appropriate staff when guests are waiting for an available room. - Advise guest of messages.
- Clear departures in computer system.
- Coordinate with Housekeeping to track room status and guest concerns.
- File guest paperwork or documentation.
- Operate telephone switchboard station.
- Run and check daily reports, contingency lists, and credit card authorization reports.
- Supply guests with directions and information.
- Answer, record, and process all guest calls, requests, questions, or concerns; follow up to ensure each has been met to guests’ satisfaction.
- Arrange transportation for guests/visitors. Count and secure bank at beginning and end of shift.
- Cash guests' checks, process all payment types, vouchers, paid-outs, charges, and provide change.
- Notify Loss Prevention/Security of any reports of theft.
- Follow company policies and procedures; report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager;
- ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional;
- maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets.
- Welcome and acknowledge guests according to company standards;
- anticipate and address guests’ service needs; assist individuals with disabilities; thank guests with genuine appreciation.
- Speak using clear and professional language; answer telephones using appropriate etiquette.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships; support team to reach common goals; listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of employees. Comply with quality assurance standards.
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time. Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
The starting wage is $16.51/hour.
Our operation is very seasonal. From June 1 – Sept 30, 40 hours/week. Oct 1 – Dec 15, approximately 32 hours/week. December 15 – April 30, 40 hours/week.
Accommodation in Whistler:
We have a select number of beds available in our shared-accommodation staff housing. If planned well in advance, we could reserve a bed for you.
You will have to ask for a Working Holiday Visa to work in Canada.
If you are interested, please send us a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org