Description du stage
As an intern with us, you will learn all aspects of life in the hostel.
Our hostels are located in key areas in Australia and we encourage a fun and energetic work environment. Our hostels have activities every day for our guests and we encourage staff to get involved.
What’s Retail Travel?
Our retail travel desks are situated inside our Hostel Lobbys as a service for our inhouse guests . Our agents advise and book our customers on local and must do attractions throughout Australia and New Zealand. The majority of our customers book East coast packages including Fraser Island 4x4 self drive adventures , Whitsundays boat trips and great barrier dive/snorkel excursions.
How does the internship work?
Your first week will be an orientation week within the hostel, We will organise some local tours to get you acquainted with the local region. We will also encourage you to get involved in our daily hostel, Travel or bar events so you can promote these to our customers. After your orientation week you will go through a rigorous sales training session on how to sell, what we sell and who we sell to.
What You will do:
- Deliver Excellent customer service, interpersonal and communication skills
- Use a sales based booking system
- Give customers a detailed knowledge of Australia and New Zealand and what products are available
- Communicate and build rapport ,identify needs and upsell amazing products.
- Work under pressure and multitask.
- Accurately sell products ensuring an effort is always made to gain sales, on sell and upsell.
- Inform the customer of all relevant details regarding their booked product.
- Sell preferred travel products according to company guidelines.
- Be responsible for the cash draw, ensuring all money and received balances and are deposited correctly as per the system cash count & reconciliation.
- Answer Travel email address and action anything from superiors or recent customers.
During your internship you may be required to complete certain reports and projects relevant to your training. You may also be subject to regular appraisals and feedback sessions.
You will be expected to develop your job skills whilst completing an internship with us and you will also be expected to adhere to the rules of general employment and behaviour whilst completing your studies with us.
Accommodation is optional however if you do choose to stay on site you will be provided with shared dormitory accommodation which you will be required to share with other students or staff. All linen is provided.
You will be given free internet/Wifi and Laundry facilities whilst studying your internship with us :)
- We offer free meals or a $70 per week meal allowance (depending on the location of the hostel).
- Our internships are 5 days per week - Monday - Sunday with 2 rostered days off, 38 hours per week.
- Our internships are a minimum of 12 weeks and a maximum of 12 months.
If you are interested, please send us a resume to email@example.com